PAS Officers - Nominations for 2019

Bsimon

PAS Officers - Nominations for 2019

Post by Bsimon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Nominations are announced and nominations will close at the November meeting, to be held this Friday evening in Room 1001 at the UNO Science Bldg., beginning at 7:30 pm.

All current officers (except for our 1st Vice President) are willing to serve for another 1 year term. Our current 1st Vice-President (Program Chairman) David Williams has announced that he will be stepping down at the end of this year. I have been talking to a few people that I feel can do a great job as 1st Vice-President but unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in finding someone willing to take on the responsibility in spite of my attempts. I invite all to consider this important position. If anyone is interested please call me and let's talk about the responsibilities.

At the meeting I will call for nominations from the floor for this position as well as any other position. Any position with just one candidate at the close of nominations will automatically assume or continue the position that they have been nominated for on January 1st, 2019 without an election.

Any position with two or more candidates will necessitate an election at our December Holiday Party meeting. Each candidate will be allowed time to present a platform about their goals for the coming year.

If we do not have a candidate for 1st Vice-President at the end of the November meeting...….we will have no programs in 2019. Just kidding! Seriously we hope to have a candidate. One final word on this. Most are capable of being the 1st Vice President. We need more volunteers. John Scholl and Kent Birkle have now held their positions as Treasurer and 2nd Vice-President (PAS Times editor) for more than 10 years each. Without volunteers such as them or others that have held office over the years, there would be no PAS. Please think about that.

Barry Simon,
Immediate Past President, Chair, Nominating Committee