SPMOS New Moon Saturday

Bjohnson

SPMOS New Moon Saturday

Post by Bjohnson » Mon May 20, 2019 9:11 pm

As we discussed at the May Meeting, one more event to add to the calendar.
On Saturday June 1st, we will host an informal club Star Party at SPMOS.

This is just an informal get-together to enjoy the company of other members, talk Astronomy, get to know whats up at SPMOS, and hopefully do a little stargazing.

We can arrive around 5:30-6:00PM, I will grill burgers for anyone who wants to eat, with plenty of bottled water, or you can bring your own drinks if you prefer.

We will offer orientation and how-to's for any member interested. Questions about basic setup? Want to know a bit more about Eye relief, Field of view, and magnification? Someone will be able to help. Want to debate the merits of a Nagler over a Panoptic lens? Televue over Explorer Scientific? Reflector or Refractor? I'm sure someone will have something to say.

Once it gets dark we can do some summer sky viewing in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere of PAS members and guests. Share an eyepiece that you may consider selling, and borrow one that you might be planning on purchasing.

Come early or come late, and leave early or stay as long as you want. Overnight accommodations in the Bunk House are first come first served.

Bring a friend who might be interested in learning about the PAS.
Hope to see you there!

(Please reply if you think you might be attending this event. Need a rough headcount on burgers. )
Bill Johnson
PAS President, 2018-2019

Bdavis

Re: SPMOS New Moon Saturday

Post by Bdavis » Wed May 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Bill, Nancy and I will be there this Saturday. sorry for the late reply. Bill Davis

Bsimon

Post by Bsimon » Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 pm

I will be there for a few hours on Saturday afternoon and probably leaving by about 4 PM. John Martinez may be riding with me.

Barry Simon

Sedmiston

Post by Sedmiston » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi, Bill,

After a week at the beach and then a solar outreach today I need to rest. I started feeling faint and nauseated during the solar event and had to close down a little early. I’ve decided to stay home and rest this weekend. I’m sorry for whatever hassle this might create for you having planned the cookout with my name on the list.

Steve Edmiston

Bjohnson

Post by Bjohnson » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks to all who came out to SPMOS on Saturday.
We had a very nice attendance with quite a few members staying late into the night for what turned out to be pretty good viewing. Not perfect, but much better than we have had in quite awhile.

I enjoyed cooking up the burgers for all who seemed to enjoy gobbling them down.

All who went seemed to enjoy the event as a casual relaxed gathering.
Looking forward to doing it again soon.
Bill Johnson
PAS President, 2018-2019