First overnight at SPMOS

Jbest

First overnight at SPMOS

Post by Jbest » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:36 am

For the first time since joining PAS, me & my oldest grandson had the opportunity to spend the night in the bunkhouse this past Friday. Have to say it was a real treat. This organization is very blessed to have such a great place. Hopeful that we can retain it.

It turned out that we had the place to ourselves which is probably a good thing for my grandson’s first visit. Corey has a rare form of autism which sometimes makes it difficult for him to cope in group settings. Once it got dark he was almost giddy over our ability to finally make out the milky way and all of the stars. For one of the first times he was also able to do a 3-star alignment on his scope with just a little coaching on my part. He didn’t want me to touch the controller which certainly makes me happy that he’s learning after having his own scope for almost a year.

As we were putting our equipment away the next morning Corey began talking about planning our next visit. Great to see him so excited! I told him we’d be back soon but hopefully on a drier day. I think the weather man lied to us about getting some drier air as we were all dewed up pretty quickly. The seeing was also hampered by the thick air but we did get in a couple of good hours.

Looking foreword to our next dark sky adventure! :D :D :D