Message from PAS regarding Outreach events

Bjohnson

Message from PAS regarding Outreach events

Post by Bjohnson » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Below is a copy of an email to all PAS Members- (If you did not receive it, I don't have a good email address for you- Contact me soon)

I hope all of you are safe and taking necessary precautions regarding the recent coronavirus issues that are now becoming seriously relevant to all of us. Each of you are being impacted in different ways.
While it is at the top of each newscast as to counts of contracted and sick persons, we cannot do much except to be aware and cautious that we don’t unnecessarily expose ourselves or others to this threat.

With this in mind, our PAS officers recently discussed these issues, and all agree that we should limit potential exposure to our PAS members and to the general public.
We had several Outreach events scheduled for March- Barataria March 20th, TerraBella in Covington March 21st, and City Park March 27th. I’ve reached out to the organizers, and all have been or will be cancelled.
Our April 10th PAS General Meeting has also been cancelled. UNO is closed, and we cannot locate a suitable location in a short time frame.

While we “could” possibly have the events, in an abundance of caution, and to limit risk, we feel it is better to be safe than to regret it later.
Events more than 30 days out are still pending. Things are changing daily. City, State, and Federal guidelines and restrictions are flying faster than a satellite through a viewfinder. We will evaluate the situations continuously, and make decisions on future events as needed.

Updates will also be published on the Astronola.org website and forum, and our Facebook page.
If you have questions regarding specific events, feel free to contact me or any officer and we will do our best to get answers for you.

While large events are being discouraged, perhaps this will give each of you a little more free time to so some actual observing for your own pleasure and enjoyment. As the news continues to spread worry and stress, observing is one of the few things that will let you get away from these issues and perhaps relax a bit under a clear dark sky with a telescope to view things that have endured for millions of years. I hope that you can take advantage, and report what you observed at a future meeting.

Finally, we want all of our members and their families to stay aware of the events around you, continue to follow guidelines from CDC. Wash hands regularly, avoid closed in areas with someone who shows symptoms, and simply use common sense to be careful and stay safe. This WILL pass eventually, and the sooner the better.

One last thing-

[attachment=0]tp.jpg[/attachment]
I have an oversupply of toilet paper, and will sell to anyone who needs it at the low PAS Member price of $10.00 per roll. $50.00 for nonmembers.
Just kidding!! Thought it would be better to end this with a smile. 😊

I
Attachments
tp.jpg
tp.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 22 times
Bill Johnson
PAS President, 2018-2020