SpaceX satellites

Lmccormick

SpaceX satellites

Post by Lmccormick » Fri May 07, 2021 2:11 pm

I spent some time under the stars at a friend's farm north of Kentwood last night. At about 10:30pm a string of satellites appeared about 10 degrees above the horizon and moved parallel to the horizon from the NW towards the N. They dimmed and disappeared after a minute or so. They initially looked like a string of pearls with at least 6 satellites traveling close together in a straight line. That's my first SpaceX satellite observation.

Lowell

Bsimon

Re: SpaceX satellites

Post by Bsimon » Fri May 07, 2021 2:38 pm

About 20 of us saw the same thing from the Spring Scrimmage. 3 separate passes with multiple bright satellites, at least 20 in each group.

Here is a prediction link.
findstarlink.com/
Plug in your own latitude and longitude data.

This video is a good depiction of what we saw at the Spring Scrimmage on 5/6/21
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgysWWwESfU

Barry

Bhousey

Post by Bhousey » Sat May 08, 2021 7:38 am

I second the person's comment below the youtube video...

Someday our kids will say, “remember when there wasn’t a bunch of s*** in the sky?”

Bsimon

Post by Bsimon » Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 am

We saw Space Link satellites 3 times last Thursday night, 5/6 at the Spring Scrimmage. We also had one sighting on Friday night, 5/7. This image was grabbed with my cell phone. Lot's of noise in the photo as I had to brighten the image considerably to bring out the string of satellites. They were rising straight up from the northwest. The bright star above and to the left of the satellite string is Capella in Auriga.

Barry Simon
Attachments
IMG_3530.jpg