June Meeting Program

Bsimon

June Meeting Program

Post by Bsimon » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Two items on this post -

1) I have volunteered to do the program at our upcoming June meeting at UNO, same meeting room as before. To be held on June 25th, and usual starting time as far as I know.

Topic: "The Best Summer Constellations and the Best Deep Sky Objects in them" This will be a "pretty picture" program featuring astrophotographs of some of the better objects in the night sky. As we will officially be in summer when the program is held the objects shown will be from the constellations which are prominent during summer. I am going to limit those constellations to Scorpius, Sagittarius, Ophiuchus, Scutum, Lyra, Cygnus and Cassiopeia, more than enough to fill the meeting program time slot. If anyone has photos that they have taken.....that are good, please contact me and send me your photos electronically with a description. I will use them and you will be fully credited for the photo(s).

2) I just sold my car, 2013 Kia Optima and I now have a new Honda Accord. The Kia Optima did not come with a spare tire, rather it came with a "Fix a Flat Kit". I later purchased the optional "baby spare" with jack. When I traded the car in I kept the unused spare and jack, and put the "Fix a Flat" kit back in. The spare tire and jack are totally unused. If you were to buy this from Kia, the cost is about $300.00. I am offering it for sale for $100.

This is a space saver spare tire and jack kit which I purchased for my Kia Optima and never used. (Kia vehicles and I assume Hyundai did not come with spares, they come with a Tire Mobility Kit - basically sealant and a pump). If you want a spare it is a $300 option.) Now my Optima is sold, and the unused spare I purchased and jack is for sale. The size, T125/80D 16, can be clearly seen in the photo. The spare replaces a flat 205 65R-16. It will also temporarily replace 17" tires which are flat. Comes complete with mounting bolt for your trunk and fits right into the wheel which holds the tire mobility kit. New condition for 1/3rd to the price you would pay from Kia or Hyundai.

Barry Simon @ 481-2450
Attachments
Spare Tire with Jack Kit.jpg

Kbirkle

Re: June Meeting Program

Post by Kbirkle » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 am

Post COVID restrictions.....

I just found out that the June 25th, 2021 PAS general Meeting will be held at UNO in the usual meeting room.

Our first meeting IN PERSON since February 2020!

UNO Science Building Room 1001 at 7:30pm

Bsimon

Re: June Meeting Program

Post by Bsimon » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:23 pm

My meeting program topic for the June meeting is evolving somewhat. As there are so many good/great objects in the night sky I am going to limit the objects shown at the June meeting to objects that are located in what are typically considered " Summer Constellations". This list includes:

Hercules, Ophiuchus, Sagittarius, Scorpius, Serpens, Scutum, Cygnus, Vulpecula, and Lyra.

There are other constellations that are seen in the summer but typically either early or very late. Many of these are better seen in the fall and will be covered then (if program time permits, and just in time for the fall Deep South Star Gaze).

Additionally this program will cover just deep sky objects and not variable stars or multiple/double stars.

If anyone has any photos that you would like to send me of some great deep sky objects visible in the constellations above from your personal photo collection, I may be able to use them and you will receive credit for them.

Thanks!

Barry
bsimon615@aol.com